Genres

 These terms describe topics mentioned in the assigned chapters:

  • art+science
  • bioart
  • installation
  • interactive art
  • land art / urban art
  • media art
  • performance
  • research project
  • sculpture
  • sound art
  • theoretical concept

The Crystal World

> pp. 19-60

Perfect Paul: on freedom of facial expression

> pp. 101-122

Mesoscopic ripples in the neural sea

> pp. 141-148

Vanitas Machine

> pp. 149-174

Connections continuum: a life

> pp. 175-206

A new state of the living

> pp. 207-220

That which lives in me

> pp. 221-230

Robotics and design: towards a new symbiosis in Gilberto Esparza’s artwork

> pp. 231-244

Demons of art

> pp. 257-272

Metabodies – exploring social networks on our body

> pp. 273-294

Re-imagining the biological membrane

> pp. 295-314

Bodymetries. Mapping the human body through amorphous intelligence

> pp. 315-328

Connections continuum: a life

> pp. 175-206

A new state of the living

> pp. 207-220

That which lives in me

> pp. 221-230

Re-imagining the biological membrane

> pp. 295-314

Epistemological Machines And Protocomputing

> pp. 1-18

Mesoscopic ripples in the neural sea

> pp. 141-148

Vanitas Machine

> pp. 149-174

Connections continuum: a life

> pp. 175-206

That which lives in me

> pp. 221-230

Demons of art

> pp. 257-272

Metabodies – exploring social networks on our body

> pp. 273-294

Der Zermesser

> pp. 349-356

Sensing spatial experiences. The essential nature of things

> pp. 87-100

Connections continuum: a life

> pp. 175-206

Robotics and design: towards a new symbiosis in Gilberto Esparza’s artwork

> pp. 231-244

Re-imagining the biological membrane

> pp. 295-314

Bodymetries. Mapping the human body through amorphous intelligence

> pp. 315-328 

Robotics and design: towards a new symbiosis in Gilberto Esparza’s artwork

> pp. 231-244

The engineer’s report: “Swarm Cities” and other synthetic companions

> pp. 329-348

Sensing spatial experiences. The essential nature of things

> pp. 87-100

Perfect Paul: on freedom of facial expression

> pp. 101-122

Vanitas Machine

> pp. 149-174

Connections continuum: a life

> pp. 175-206

That which lives in me

> pp. 221-230

Robotics and design: towards a new symbiosis in Gilberto Esparza’s artwork

> pp. 231-244

Pancreas. All flesh

> pp. 245-256

Demons of art

> pp. 257-272

Re-imagining the biological membrane

> pp. 295-314

Der Zermesser > pp. 349-356

Nigredo: configuring human and technological bodies

> pp. 61-86

Sensing spatial experiences. The essential nature of things

> pp. 87-100

Perfect Paul: on freedom of facial expression

> pp. 101-122

The Crystal World

> pp. 19-60

Metabodies – exploring social networks on our body

> pp. 273-294

Perfect Paul: on freedom of facial expression

> pp. 101-122

Re-imagining the biological membrane

> pp. 295-314

Bodymetries. Mapping the human body through amorphous intelligence

> pp. 315-328

The engineer’s report: “Swarm Cities” and other synthetic companions

> pp. 329-348

Epistemological Machines And Protocomputing

> pp. 1-18

Hacking the universe

> pp. 123-140

Mesoscopic ripples in the neural sea

> pp. 141-148

Vanitas Machine

> pp. 149-174

Demons of art

> pp. 257-272

Der Zermesser

> pp. 349-356

Nigredo: configuring human and technological bodies

> pp. 61-86

Hacking the universe

> pp. 123-140

Interview with Verena Friedrich

> pp. 163-174

A new state of the living

> pp. 207-220

Pancreas. All flesh

> pp. 245-256

The engineer’s report: “Swarm Cities” and other synthetic companions

> pp. 329-348

Interview with Leo Peschta

> pp. 353-356